We have two lists of items we do not accept--TEMPORARY and PERMANENT
The temporary restrictions list can change at any time. We recommend you review these lists before you bring in items to consign.
A Few Fort Myer Thrift Shop Reminders
The Fort Myer Thrift Shop reserves the right at all times to refuse any items we deem unsalable or inappropriate. Items we currently do not accept can be a donation or brought in when we are currently accepting the SAID item(s).
We reserve the right to not accept items even if they are not on the temporary or permanent list. This is due to temporary space limitations. These are usually for very short periods of time and are usually in addition to the item restrictions listed on the web site.
- Clothing accepted MUST be in current style (3-5 years) and in clean and good condition. Decision of staff will stand firm. ONLY 3 items of clothing per day.
- Please call before you bring in furniture -- we have limited space. This is REQUIRED!
- We DO NOT accept clothing during the summer - July & August.
- Only one (1) pair of shoes per day. MUST in in pristine condition.
- Like items limited to 3 only! No items will be accept that are various things in plastic bags/boxes.
Temporary items listed here may not be consigned at this TIME!.
WE DO NOT accept items in plastic bags - i.e., sandwich = gallon bags, etc. that are grouped together.
Please read the lists below to be better informed on what we are currently unable to accept as well as our list of NEVER accepting.
MUST call to receive approval for furniture.
Also - Currently not accepting any jeans for ladies or men AND pants for ladies.....
Currently: No China - Crystal - Silver Pieces until further notice.
NO FURNITURE for two weeks - will be posted here...
- ONE pair of Shoes per day until later - Ladies OR Men at this time. Will ONLY accept if in excellent condition.
- NO PICTURES and/or FRAMES
- SEWING MACHINES - PORTABLE (NEVER in cabinet style)
- NO LAMPS (See Lighting on Items We Do Not Accept list).
- CURTAINS and/or WINDOW TREATMENTS - DECOR PILLOWS - NO BLINDS
- ODD GLASSES and/or MUGS (Must be in sets of 4 - 6 and matching!) NO INDIVIDUAL Mugs!
- NO Mugs/Glasses with commercial names on them -
- LUGGAGE - To include Computer Bags and Briefcases - Backpacks accepted if in excellent condition!
- BOOKS on TAPE ONLY!
- WOODEN Kitchen Items (Bowls - Trays - Plates, etc.)
- VACUUM CLEANERS
- FANS (FLOOR or TABLE Size)
- CLOTHING: LADIES - SKIRTS & BLOUSES and MEN - Long & Short Sleeve SHIRTS - DRESS & SPORT
- PETS - CAGES/CARRIERS ALL ITEMS FOR PETS - FIRM
- NO CRAFT KITS - Needlepoint - Cross Stitch - etc.
Items We Do Not Accept (Permanent Restrictions) FOR Consignment ONLY - Donations welcome Tax Receipt available.
Clothing & Accessories: