We have two lists of items we do not accept--TEMPORARY and PERMANENT
The temporary restrictions list can change at any time. We recommend you review these lists before you bring in items to consign.
A Few Fort Myer Thrift Shop Reminders
The Fort Myer Thrift Shop reserves the right at all times to refuse any items we deem unsellable or inappropriate. Items we currently do not accept can be a donation or brought in when we are currently accepting the SAID item(s).
We reserve the right to not accept items even if they are not on the temporary or permanent list. This is due to temporary space limitations. These are usually for very short periods of time and are usually in addition to the item restrictions listed on the web site.
- Clothing accepted MUST be in current style (3-5 years) and in clean and good condition. Decision of staff will stand firm. ONLY 3 items of clothing per contract.
- Please CALL before you bring in furniture -- we have limited space. This is REQUIRED!
- Only one (1) pair of shoes per day. MUST in in pristine condition.
- Like items limited to 3 only! No items will be accept that are various things in plastic bags/boxes.
- We DO NOT accept clothing during the summer - July & August.
TEMPORARY list of items that may NOT be consigned at this time
- NO CLOTHING RIGHT NOW!!
- PICTURES and/or FRAMES
- SEWING MACHINES - PORTABLE (NEVER in cabinet style)
- CURTAINS and/or WINDOW TREATMENTS - DECOR PILLOWS - BLINDS
- LUGGAGE - to include Computer Bags and Briefcases - Backpacks accepted if in excellent condition!
- WOODEN Kitchen Items (Bowls - Trays - Plates, etc.)
- VACUUM CLEANERS
- FANS (FLOOR or TABLE Size)
- PETS - CAGES/CARRIERS ALL ITEMS FOR PETS - FIRM
- CRAFT KITS - Needlepoint - Cross Stitch - etc.
PERMANENT list of items we do not accept for consigning.
Donations possibly welcome with tax receipt available.
Appliances, etc (do NOT donate):
Baby Items (do NOT donate):
Clothing & Accessories: